Youth of all ages gather to discover their spiritual nature, learn Unity Principles, build self-esteem, create fun projects and make friends. Currently, we serve children 5 years and up.
Adult Kid’s Church Teachers are welcomed and invited!
We provide instruction and guidance so that you, the teacher, are comfortable with leading or assisting with the Kid’s Church. It is a wonderful and enriching opportunity – don’t miss out! Contact Kate Morrison today – firstname.lastname@example.org!
Unity of Greater Hartford provides a strong spiritual foundation for every child’s life. Lessons focus on reinforcing the idea that God is within us, around us, everywhere present, and that we are loved unconditionally. The children are encouraged to connect with their inner wisdom and to live the Truth they know innately. Bible, prayer and meditation are explored and self expression is encouraged.
Creative expression is experienced through art, games, nature exploration, science and storytelling. Our focus is on creating a safe, sacred and loving space in order to build a foundation of trust for our youngest members. Lessons are presented in simple and repetitive ways, reinforcing the idea that God is Love.
What We Teach
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do, and give, my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference.
Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance. Through our efforts we:
- Behold all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empower children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teach children to meditate and pray in age-appropriate ways
- Invite children to experience the love of God
Children’s Church are Available
During Adult Sunday Celebration Services
Please sign-in from 10:25 – 10:30am
Service begins at 10:30am
Children are brought into the Sanctuary in the last 10 minutes of the Adult Service.
We look forward to seeing you and your children!
Kathy “Kate” Morrison
Director of Youth Services Ministry